Monday, February 22, 2010

Avoiding a Meltdown

Yep, it was one of those weekends. And after reading This is Me, Then's blog post this morning, I was comforted to know that I am not alone...that WE moms are not alone. Saturday was a busy work around the house day...mainly outside. The weather was so wonderful! Dinner was simple and delicious...
Sunday, a long drawn out time of flipping pancakes for everyone. Then guess what happens after that...someone needs to wash all those sticky plates and forks. I get that done...off to good ol' Wal-Mart to get my oil changed. Oh the joy of waiting at WM for an hour. By the time I get back home, it's lunch time. I made this awesome pasta bake. It took a little time, but so good! Dishes did not get done after lunch...we all opted for a nap. A much needed nap. After an hour, I got up and started straightening up AGAIN before the rest were awake. So after the huge lunch I cooked, no one wanted left overs for dinner...off to make chicken strips and fries. Late dinner, late bedtimes, a glass of wine, and it's my bedtime.
I still have a huge pile of laundry in my front living area and dishes galore in the sinks.....but dirty dishes mean we were all together and ate well. The laundry means we are overflowing with blessings. I'm opting for the glass half full today :)

1 comment:

Julie M. Jackson said...

My glass is half full today too!