Thursday, December 17, 2009

So, What are You Reading?



Ok, I finally saw "Julie/Julia" -loved the movie & the book as well. I love cooking and could find myself easily falling into a deadline of completing every recipe in a cookbook. Oh what joy that would be! The ideas are racing through my head and who knows what 2010 will bring. What was really sweet was the way the movie showed the relationships between the main 4 characters as husbands & wives .
So supportive and encouraging to each other....especially when things got tough.

The book was slow at first, but good. I now have a need to read Julia Child's biography, "My life in France". Makes me want to go out and buy butter by the pound.


And here's Julie Powell's latest book:



Here's the next big thing at my house: Percy Jackson! Percy Jackson and the Olympians, to be exact. My sweet 8 year old daughter needed another series to read, so here's 5. I'm only 1/2 way through the first and she's on the third. Hey, it's been really crazy busy around here! The movie based on the first book, "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lighting Thief" is out in theaters in February-no doubt we'll be there. I adore having this special connection with Cayley- books and stories unites us, even when we don't agree. What we share is extremely important to me...shows her I honestly have an interest in what she's doing and what she likes.
I pray this lasts the rest of my life.

No comments: