Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Gift of Mothering & Mother's Day Contest hosted by Julie

my good friend julie is hosting a mother's day contest on her blog! it's so sweet and the prize is a cool tile pendant from an etsy artist. for sure go check out the contest and her blog.
so my response to her blog got me thinking about motherhood in general, and my experiences. who would know all the little details of your family if you were gone? the role of a dad is so precious and important, but the gift of mothering is invaluable. there are days my kids drive me up a wall with their moments of bickering among each other, moments of selfishness, and moments of ungratefulness...but that's exactly what they are just moments. so they pass and life moves on, sometimes quicker than i'd like.

what a privilege it is for me to be the one chosen to be a mom to these 3 fabulous kids! yes, my children are my joy & my work. there's no one in the whole world who knows them as well as i do, for now anyway. someday they will each find the one god has chosen for them (and i pray for their future spouses right even now) but their childhood will be forever locked away in my heart.

ADAM:
adventurous
sweet
sensitive

TRAVIS:
dynamic
caring
humorous

CAYLEY:
empathetic
thoughtful
gentle

No comments: