Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


thanks sandra at diary of a sahm for hosting each monday!
join in and link up to her blog for more monday posts.

The weather in my neck of the woods:
cooler than it could be...almost a hint of fall in the breeze.

One of my simple pleasures:
those first good morning hugs from adam. he's very much a happy morning person!

On my bedside table:
"new moon" still & again

On my TV:
has anyone else been watching "the colony" on discovery? it is a very interesting social experiment.

On the menu for tonight:
slow cooker salsa chicken for tacos, rice & beans

On my To Do List:
grocery shopping, laundry... hey, what's new?! lol

New Recipe Tried last week:
i have done this once before and it was a hit!
sarah's sweet chicken lo mein w/ spicy mayo
1 16 oz box of angel hair pasta
4 chicken breasts
1 bell pepper
1/2 red onion
5-6 mushrooms, fresh & sliced
marinade:
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
couple shots from the soy sauce bottle
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
spicy mayo:
1/2 cup mayo
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
a couple squirts of the red rooster chili ;)
chop all chicken & veggies into bite size pieces and toss in the combined marinade for 2 hours. then just throw it all in a hot skillet (make sure ya use a big one) till the chicken is cookand and browned, the veggies are tender & carmelized.

while that's going on just cook up tha angel hait pasta.
when all is done- toss the pasta in the skillet with the meat & veggies and let that sit and play together for a couple minutes.
combine all the spicy mayo ingredients and serve it on the side :)
it's so very good and easy to prep ahead!

In the craft basket:
nothing :(

Looking forward to:
feeling that my house in in order and under control.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
don't have anything off the top of my head...

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Jill Savage's blog from yesterday reminded me that I'm not just relaxing and hanging out waiting for the kids to come home. I love being able to be here to get them on & off the bus, help them with homework, and just be present for them. I have been looking for a job to help a bit, but no luck yet. Have a couple of work form home ideas, but none solid. Keeping it in prayer.

Favorite photo from last week:
it's mouth watering good!
sarah's sweet chicken lo mein



Lesson learned the past few days:
my son can be potty trained! lol adam is so there now! with some help & routine at school, he's doing so well. he's 4 and both strong willed & has some communication problems- so last week was a huge blessing when he came home so excited about going potty :) ok, maybe tmi, but i was thrilled!

On my Prayer List:
my kids as they start a new week
my bloggy friends out there ;)
family & friends- blessings this week all!

4 comments:

Amy @ Puppy Tufts said...

Happy Monday! Waiting for fall here and it seems like we may be close with the cooler weather.

mindingmomma said...

Be blessed to be home for your children, I remember my mom being there when we got off the bus, and doing homework at the table while she cooked dinner. I missed that when she went to work, and now I miss her terribly that she has gone to heaven, but that memory is very dear to me.

Jodi said...

That recipe sounds yummy!

shopannies said...

weather the same here