Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday




On my bedside table:
I'm re reading "Breaking Dawn". Like a movie in my head- wonderful!

On my TV:
Right now, "Bridge to Terebithia". Cayley's home sick today, so she got to pick something before lunch.

On the menu for tonight:
Making something easy...Mondays are my semi day off.

On my To Do List:
Dishes and countertops in the kitchen....2 small loads of laundry, keeping an eye on Cayley's fever.
New Recipe I tried last week:
Baked Potato Soup- and it was a hit here! So easy and simple ingredients!
recipe:
i used 4 potatoes and baked them in the mircowave- peeled and diced when they got done.
cooked 6 slices of bacon, then sauted onions and bell pepper in bacon oils :)
boiled 1 large chicken breast- and save the broth-

crock pot stuff: throw in a can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of cream of chicken, seaonings like garlic powder, salt & pepper, italian seasoning.
add potatoes, veggie mix, bacon, and the chicken diced. and cheese!!! shredded cheddar/jack

mix it all together and top it with the chicken broth it till covers mixture and makes the soup consistency ya like...i left it in the slow cooker for for about 4 hours :)
about 1 hour till serving i added about a 1/2 cup of sour cream.

In the craft basket:
if online scrapbooking counts! haven't been very crafty lately.

Looking forward to:
Spring Break!!! so looking forward to a weekend at Lake Travis with Tim!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
see previous blog ;)
Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
i am following Diary of a SAHM as we pray for our husbands each day specifically every day in february.

Favorite photo from last week:


Trav and his DS


Lesson learned the past few days:
Friendships=Blessings!

On my Prayer List:
my hubby, my sister and soon to be born niece, guidance for our countries leaders

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
What, then, can we say about all of this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32The one who did not spare his own Son, but offered him as a sacrifice for all of us, surely will give us all things, along with his son, won't he? Romans 8:31-32


2 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

I loved your list and will try that potato soup, it sounds yummy. I too am praying for my hubby for the month.
Roberta Anne

Sandra said...

Loved your list. Love potato soup, that sounds so good.