Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Yes" Mom Challenge


ok, this is so hard for me, but i do find myself saying "no"so much more than "yes". so i'll focus on saying more "yes" to the kids and harmless fun. if you read in jill savage's blog-i find myself guilty of being selfish with kid activities-like i don't want to have to clean up more, or just plain end up with anything more to do that i already have going on. you know my day is a full plate of busy! but they need fun! so here's to having more "fun mom" days, won't you join me?!

jill is having a giveaway when you post on her blog your "yes" mom stories...here's what she has to say "Anyone who posts a "yes mom" story to this post from today through the month of July, will be entered to win a Hearts at Home mom gift package, full of mom resources designed to encourage you! And here's the best part: the more you say "yes," and share your "yes" stories, the more times you are entered into the August 1 drawing. And the more we are all encouraged!"

sounds like a plan- i wonder what fun will the kids suggest we have today??? i'd love to hear what you all say "yes" to. take pics, share & document all the fun, crazy things :)

4 comments:

Sarah B. SMITH said...

We have been saying "No" to jared for awhile, when he ask to go bowling. Well since Gabe is home for alittle bit, and it well probably rain today, I decided to take Jared for a turn out today just him and I and go bowling. I figured it might be to hard with AJ. I know he will love it. I will take pictures. Thanks for a great reminder Sarah!

Jill said...

Sarah,

Thanks for sharing the "yes" mom challenge! I love your post!

Denise said...

Sounds like a good idea! I'm going to have to say yes more...however saying "yes" to Joslyn can be expensive...She is always asking for so many electronics..ipod, digital camera, shuffel....

Sarah said...

oh yeah, denise. this age is expensive! adam got away with a chocolate fudgesicle after breakfast lol. but we had a library trip today and they got to pick out random dvds and books. a drive through mcdonald's for dinner, and lots of "hey mom,come here" time. cayley and i are staying up late to watch anne of green gables on dvd :)