Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday



thanks sandra at diary of a stay at home mom for hosting :)

The weather in my neck of the woods: hot & humid- no shocker there, tx in the summer.

One of my simple pleasures: morning phone call from friends checking in

On my bedside table: omg! got "the host" by stephenie meyer as a bday gift from dad & linda (thank you!). good so far...really different.

On my TV: it's summer-- disney channel!

On the menu for tonight: we have so many wonderful left overs from my dad and linda visiting and cooking.

On my To Do List: get trav's suitcase and things ready for his big boy vacation to granparents' houses for 2 weeks! i am going to really miss him, but he's so super excited!

New Recipe I tried last week: well, i tried my hand at some sushi rolls! our fave "shaggy dog" and it was gooood!


In the craft basket: working on nothing right now.

Looking forward to: seeing results from all the hours at the gym the last few weeks.

Homemaking Tip for this week: with meals- do as much prep work as you can while the kids aren't under your feet. mine seem to always need me when i am busy making dinner, lol.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): my goodness! i found this blog and have been looking over it. this guy cracks me up. twilight guy and his commentary on the books!

Favorite photo from last week:


Lesson learned the past few days: each of my children are so precious and unique to me! when one isn't here, life isn't the same. --that hits me so hard just from the anticipation of trav leaving :(
amazing how kids raised the same way, same parents can be such individuals. what an amazing god we have to create us!

On my Prayer List: of course for trav & my parents & family- hope they all have a wonderful visit. for family & friends and their unknown struggles.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I liked your lessons learned, so true! Praying for safety for your son. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, my daughter is going to stay with her grandparents for three days for the first time this summer too. I do not want to let go!

Sarah B. SMITH said...

i just know Travis is having a blast and loving on stella!!