Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Anticipation!


Everyday around 2:30, I get this feeling I can't explain.
Joy.
Anticipation.
Excitement.
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for my kids to get home!
I love to hear about their day at school, get their snacks, & start homework.
We fall right into routines and it's so nice! Fridays, I have a movie ready to relax and watch with them. Some days, it's smoothies, some days fruit.
Adam 9 times out of 10 requests a PB sandwich and so I always have it ready.
The kids eat lunch pretty early in the day, so they are so ready to snack when they get here.
Do you do anything special to prep for your kids getting home from school?

4 comments:

Sarah B. SMITH said...

I don't do enough.. and I am proud of you!

Jen said...

I usually have fruit or a cookie and a drink ready for them. Sometimes I'll mix up some trailmix for them. You're such a good mommy!!

Sarah said...

you ladies are so sweet! i just love that they are happy to come home and i've "warmed" it up for them. they know i've been thinking of them :)

Denise said...

Everyday when the girls come home from school the first thing they say is, "What's for snack". I always try to have something ready for the girls. usually it's ice cream. Depending on how my day is going with Moriah or errands that pop up, I may make cupcakes or brownies.