Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blueberry Banana Smoothie

This makes a super quick, healthy after school snack for my kids. Quick is the key. On these warm afternoons, this hits the spot for them. I keep hearing how great blueberries are for us, and keeping a bag of frozen ones on hand makes it quick and easy.

What you'll need:

1 banana
1 cup or so of ice
2 cups orange juice
1 cup frozen blueberries
a sprinkling of sugar- i bet splenda would be great too. thinking we'll try this very soon.

Add to the blender:
ice
banana
blueberries
sugar
lastly, orange juice...but this could easily be any other juice too!

Blend and serve!



The pic doesn't do this justice...I had a bunch of kids just waiting for their glass :)

1 comment:

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

I'm writing your recipe down right now! Mmmmmm...I so have to try this! Thanks for the recipe!!!
Courtney
http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com