Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gentleness Challenge


If you are a personal friend of mine, heck even a bloggy friend, you probably won't guess that I can have a temper and get frustrated by being a mom to three kids. I love them so much, but honestly they can be a challenge. Why don't they just do what I say?! Crazy thought isn't! They are 9 (this Tuesday), 7, & 5 years old...and they are each pushing their boundaries in different ways.

I try so hard to encourage them to respect others and at school each do awesome!!! Now at home, they are great for daddy. When it comes to me, that's a different story. I guess I get some frustration knowing that lots of people get the best from my kids, while I get the attitudes. I feel like that's part of me being a mom- them knowing that no matter what they do or say, mom's always going to be there, so they feel safe to vent. Ok, now that's to a point. When I ask one to clean their room and I am knocked back with "I don't wanna", that's not gonna fly anymore. I would lose my temper, fuss, take privileges away, bribe even.

After reading Courtney's post at Women Living Well from a year ago, I got inspired to change my way of thinking and handling the tense situations. I have to do this. This 30 day Gentleness Challenge could be life changing.

Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

I have a lot to learn and lots of praying to do to see me through the next 30 days. Summer break is coming fast and I really need you help in keeping myself accountable to this challenge. I am weak, but with Him, I am strong.

If you struggle like I do, feel free to join up to the 30 Day Gentleness Challenge. Let me keep encouraging you too. Just grab the graphic and post on your blog once a week, or why not every couple days.

So, here's my 200th post! Thanks for sticking around and welcome to the new bloggy friends I've made this year!

1 comment:

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Woohoo!!! Go getem' girl!!! Your family is going to be SO blessed over the next 30 days! You are going to feel so great about yourself as a mother also when you walk in the Spirit! Let me know how it goes!!!

Much Love,
Courtney
http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com