Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Simple Black Forest Cake




Now if you were heading to a Twilight party...you could call this "Jacob Black" Forest cake..LOL I crack myself up sometimes. But really, this cake is amazing and so simple! Trav loved it for his birthday- kid & adult pleaser, I promise!

Ingredients
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix with pudding
3 eggs
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (i reserved 7 cherries for garnish- by baby boy turned 7)
1 can of chocolate frosting


Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Mix together: cake mix, beaten eggs, almond extract, cherry pie filling and 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Stir until just combined. Pour batter into a greased 9x13 inch pan or 2 round pans.
3.Bake in a 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and let cool.


I frosted with chocolate frosting, garnished the top with some melted vanilla frosting- just a little to decorate, & then added the last few cherries on top.


I wish I had a piece to go with my morning coffee today! Confession: Yes, I eat chocolate cake for breakfast sometimes.


2 comments:

Sarah B. SMITH said...

much have a piece!!

Anna said...

wow, this looks really good!