Monday, September 5, 2011

God's Perfect Design

It has been a long blogging break for me. Lots of changes. I've dealt with each one as they came, and I'm blessed enough to know that God always has my best interest at heart.

My "babies" are back in school. I am now the mom to a 5th, 3rd, & 1st grader. *sigh* They are all doing amazing and each have adjusted so very well to new schools. I'm one proud mommy.

And...Tim and I are working on a new project together. It's pretty interesting working side by side on something together. Here's something that has been running through my mind and this passage from http://www.bible.org/ does a great job of explaining it.

The New Bible Commentary explains the companionship of marriage:3
The husband and wife complement each other. Suitable helper would be better-translated ‘helper matching him’, i.e. supplying what he lacks. She is his missing rib. Matthew Henry commented on God’s choice of a rib to create Eve: ‘Not made out of his head to top him, not out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be loved.’ Perhaps this reads a little too much into the rib, but it expresses well the biblical ideal of marriage."


I refuse to let my husband just be someone that I see and pass info along too. He is my best friend and partner in everything. I can't imagine life any other way.

Ususally, we have to wait a while to see what God's bigger plan is for us, but sometimes His timing is shown a little faster :)

No comments: